Saturday, April 19, 2008

More flowers

Hamilton gardens is one of the few places remaining free of entrance fees in New Zealand. On week ends, tour buses arrive regularly from Auckland for comfort stops or tea breaks. The flowers are different at different times of the year. The Rhododendrons are now in blooms during early spring.


The English gardens have a wide variety of many types of flowers not usually seen in NZ homes.





The Italian gardens can be very impressive:



The colours at the Indian Char Bagh gardens is always breathe taking!


There is also an acoustic chambers at the entrance to this garden which I visit often to play my bamboo flute. So far I have met two other flautists playing there.




Music is such an international language. Many foreign tourists showed their appreciations by thanking me for the flute music. Young children were usually attracted by the strange sound and came looking for me. I usually played my flute on weekends inside the wheel chair access (acoustic chamber) near the Indian Char Bagh gardens!

No comments: